Machining is an umbrella term for a broad range of subtractive manufacturing processes. Subtractive processes cut, drill, or otherwise remove material from a piece of stock material to create parts, components, or finished goods based on a specified design. Machining may be the primary manufacturing operation or may act as a secondary operation to finish off a part created by other means, such as casting, forging, or extruding.
Computer numerical control (CNC) machining has revolutionized machining processes over the past several decades. These automated processes rely on a computer to carefully control each machine tool. CNC machines read digital instructions derived from digital computer-aided design (CAD) files and use those instructions to carefully guide the various cutting implements in the creation of highly precise parts and goods.
At Technox Machining & Manufacturing, we have a broad portfolio of CNC machining equipment to help us meet virtually any customer need. This page will discuss our unique machining capabilities.
Machined Parts: Size & Complexity
At Technox, our machine shop features a full suite of CNC machining capabilities, granting us full control over each manufacturing project and minimizing the need for external vendors. This level of control allows us to lower production costs and shorten lead times, ensuring the fastest possible delivery on every order placed by our customers. When you work with Technox, you gain the benefits such as:
- Any production volume. We can handle parts in any volume. Whether you need a single prototype, high-volume production, or ongoing blanket orders, Technox can handle your order.
- Wide range of material options. The experts at Technox work with many different material types, from standard metals like steel and aluminum to high-performance specialty alloys and engineering plastics.
- Range of part sizes. Our ability to manufacture many different part sizes makes Technox truly unique as a manufacturer. Whether you require traditional machining or large part machining, we have the equipment and experience needed.
- Precision tolerances. Technox offers high-speed machining of very complex parts and components, with standard tolerances within 0.0005”.
We possess the equipment and skills to handle virtually any type of CNC machining process, such as:
- Horizontal boring. Our high-tech manufacturing facility houses an array of 5-axis horizontal boring and CNC horizontal boring machines featuring a maximum 120” x 152” x 70” work envelope. These machines enable us to bore parts of virtually any size or complexity within our standard 0.0005” tolerances. Thanks to our 15-ton overhead cranes, we can work with extremely large and heavy parts.
- Turning. Technox has some of the largest horizontal and vertical turning machines available on the market today. Our 3-axis and 4-axis turning equipment allows us to test the limits of complexity, shape, and size for turning projects. With a large equipment fleet of vertical, horizontal, and CNC lathes at our disposal, we can turn parts up to 240” long and 152” in diameter within very tight 0.001” tolerances.
- Milling. With a variety of vertical CNC milling machines and planer milling machines at our disposal, we can accommodate part dimensions up to 336” wide, 113” long, and 84” high.
Custom Large Part CNC Machining
Many industries require parts and components that exceed the size limits of standard CNC machine tools. Though all fabrication and machining projects require some level of expertise and skill on the part of the provider, large-part CNC machining also needs a range of specialized equipment that can handle the weight and size of each workpiece.
As a specialist in large part machining, Technox can accommodate these oversized parts for customers in virtually any industry. Our portfolio of advanced large-part boring, milling, and turning equipment has enabled us to service many different industries. Some of the industries we frequently work with include:
- Bulk processing
- Fluid power
- Food processing
- Oil & gas
- Plastic processing
- Steel processing
Within these industries, we have successfully manufactured an exceptionally broad range of standard and oversized parts and components. Examples include:
- Aerospace components
- Dial plates
- Fixture plates
- Heavy equipment components
- Machine bases/columns
- Machine tables
- Oil pipeline components/equipment
- Packaging machinery components
- Wind turbine components
Contact Technox for CNC Machined Parts & Prototypes
While Technox specializes in large part machining and fabrication, we can provide CNC machining for parts of all sizes. Our broad spectrum of capabilities in terms of part size, complexity, and machining processes enable us to provide end-to-end manufacturing services for customers in virtually any industry or application.
Technox Machine & Manufacturing, Inc. prioritizes quality in everything that we do. We endeavor to support our quality commitments through safe, OSHA-compliant operations, the use of AWS-certified welders, and our ISO 9001:2015 certification. Through the use of three different manufacturing facilities, we can accommodate orders of any volume, from prototypes and small production runs up to full-scale, high-volume production.
To see how Technox can support your standard or large-part CNC machining needs, please contact us or request a quote today.